Academic Mobility

In September 16, 2011 KEEU named after M. Dulatov signed the Great Charter of Universities (“Magna Charta Universitatum”, Bologna) and thus assumed obligations to implement all the requirements of the Bologna process, including the promotion of academic mobility of students and teachers.
Academic mobility is the movement of students or research teachers for a specific academic period (including going to school or work experience), usually a semester or academic year, to another higher education institution (domestically or abroad) for training or research with compulsory transfer in the prescribed manner of the mastered educational programs in the form of credits in their university.
In Kostanay Engineering and Economics University named after M. Dulatov, the program of academic mobility is implemented in two directions:

• The national (internal) academic mobility (Kazakhstan partner universities) is the training of students, as well as the work of teachers and researchers in leading Kazakhstan universities.
• International (external) academic mobility (foreign partner universities) is the student’s education in foreign universities, taking into account his potential and the ability to adapt to various educational systems in order to continue his education, as well as the work of teachers – researchers in foreign educational or scientific institutions.

Who can participate in the mobility program?

In the program of academic mobility, as a rule, take part students of 2-3 year of study, since in the first year of study mainly general education subjects that do not require departure are studied. In the last year of study, practical training and writing a thesis are required, which makes it impossible to participate in a mobility program.

What is required to participate in the program?

In order to participate in the program, you need to be a full-time student and apply for participation in the academic mobility program.
In addition, if you want to travel to one of the foreign countries, you must have a good command of a foreign language, usually English.

Where can I go?

The student actually has the right to choose any higher education institution in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan or outside of it, which will ensure the transfer of credits (i.e. grades for courses attended).
In addition, the University has signed cooperation agreements with more than 40 institutions of higher education in different countries of the world (Russian Federation, Germany, France, Italy, Lithuania, etc.).

What will happen to my university studies at the time when I leave under the academic mobility program?

All you need is to successfully master the program of the host university, pass the session, after which a transcript will be issued with grades in the subjects passed. Upon your return to the University, your grades will be scored, and if there are any subjects that you have not passed, they will need to be passed in addition in the summer semester.

How are academic mobility programs covered?

The size and order of payment are determined individually for each student. This is due primarily to obtaining the consent of the host institution, since it will determine the order of payment for tuition. Some partner higher education institutions agree to accept students free of charge, others with partial or full tuition.
In addition, the student, of course, should consider the costs of traveling to the country where the program is passing, accommodation and additional personal expenses.

How to get additional information on academic mobility programs?

For more information and explanations on academic mobility programs, you can contact the International Cooperation Department at +7 (7142) 28-01-59, room. 304 main building).
Or in the department of planning and organization of the educational process +7 (7142) 39-03-82, room. 107A, Subbotina Elena Ivanovna).